[ZDP] Where do you want me to stick this?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:54:08 +0200

Jules Allen wrote:

> I think the data-driven Navbar tutorial/howto is ready for prime time. Many
> thanks to all that gave feedback.
>
> The question is where should it live? www.zope.org/Documentation/howto/
> seems like a good place but of course I don't have access to that. What
> about zdp.zope.org/howto/ or zdp.zope.org/guide/howto/ ? Should those docs
> on www.zope.org be moved over to zdp?

I don't think the ZDP is ready to take on the management of any docs on
www.zope.org yet; I'm not sure what the future holds here but for now
we'll stick to our own ZDP docs.

The people who anarchistically manage the structure of the site should
be able to answer where to stick this doc and other howtos/tutorials
(hint to people in question). Otherwise I'd look silly by urging you in
private email to ask the experts on this list. :)

> I intend to try and write at least one howto per month -- more as my Zope
> muscles get bigger. Who else is actively working on Zope documentation and
> what do you think about organization?

We have plenty of people actively working on docs. This reminds me to
make a doc on this. Would anybody who does something on the ZDP please
write a short blurb on what he or she is doing here? We can put a nice
credits page on the ZDP site.

I'll write my blurb here:

***BLURB***
Martijn Faassen was one of the prime instigators of the Zope
Documentation Project. He collected and edited large parts of the FAQ.
He also tries to manage the discussions on the ZDP list and keeps track
of the directions of the ZDP project as a whole. Finally, if you want a
management login to zdp.zope.org to help the ZDP project out, you can
email him.
***BLURB***

If you all write your blurbs now we can make a nice web page. Post the
blurbs to the list, so that we can argue about them first. :)

Regards,

Martijn