[ZDP] Re: Structured Text in Vars/DTML Methods

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:57:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> PS, Pavlos, could your FAQ tool please use Structured Text? We need the
> formatting, because otherwise all indentation is lost. I can't upload
> Martijn Faassen's FAQ 0.1 right now, because all Python code in it will be
> useless without the proper indentation.

Martijn

The reason I did not include support for Structured Text was situations
where one might want to include examples like:
... this is an example::
<!--# var title-->

last I checked Zope would not render the above correctly. If I do some
hackery I might get it to work but then I still have the problem where one
might mix html and dtml in non-example sections. I will play around with
your read_raw() suggestion.

If you have any ideas let me know.

I really want to have Structured Text support.

Pavlos

PS Do you think is too much to ask for people to declare when an entry is
in structured text? ie
<answer fmt='structured-text'>A beer</answer>
I wanted to make the submission as easy as possible.