[ZDP] FAQ Tool Working Group

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 18:32:34 +0100

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

[lots of comments on why don't we use Zope for the FAQ system?]

Yes, the requirements indeed seem to fit Zope well. Thanks for supplying
some design to my requirements.

Of course we can use Zope for this. Feel free to code up some products
for this. :) Do look at Amos' system (http://www.zope.org/WebReview) and
at Pavlos' system (http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ/index_html) if you
haven't already.

One general comment that probably doesn't belong this list:

Often I've felt driven to 'hide' the powerful Zope management interface
from the user, while still using quite a bit of its power. A FAQ system
seems to be a good example of this: when I'm working on a FAQ, I don't
want to have all the Zope functionality, I just want an interface that
handles FAQs. I also don't want to reinvent the wheel; I want to use as
much of Zope's functionality that's possible. Perhaps I should study
Amos' FAQ tool more
closely; it seems to do something like this.

Regards,

Martijn