[ZDP] Re: zope documentation

Quinn Dunkan quinn@challenge.calarts.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:20:38 -0800

responding to the list, as requested...
oops, *really* responding to the list this time (sorry, I lose again)

> Quinn Dunkan wrote:
> >
> > Hi!  You seem to have nominated yourself as the ZDP Person,
>
> Yeah, I seem to have, I must be nuts! :) (actually a friend did call me
> nuts when I told her I volunteered for this)

And the majority of the list postings are from people named Martijn... this
must be some sort of netherlands conspiracy... I always thought there was
something fishy about the netherlands.  There's no country on the map named
"Netherlands"... and no one seems to know exactly where it is!  And no honest,
god-fearing country would have such an ominous name.  I've got my eye on you,
mister, you won't get far with your little plot, whatever it is.

When Zope takes over the world, you'll be there in the background controlling
the documentation, and Guido controlling the language, and your faithful
mechanical servant, the Tim-bot duplicated a million times and spreading
pythonnic propaganda into the minds of the world's citizens...  An evil
trinity rising in power after the Millenium Apocalypse, the surviving remnants
of civilization living in terror under the Shadow Of The Snake...  And
daylight savings time... who d'you think they're saving it for?  The
netherlands!  They're stealing good, honest American hours, hours in which we
could be eating baseballs and throwing apple pies, and selling them to a bunch
of mysterious netherlanders so Guido can power his time machine!  It's all
falling into place now...

uh... sorry about that...

> > A while back I wrote a short ZP/ZT howto, i.e. how get ZPublisher and
> > ZTemplate (and not the rest of Zope, it was originally for Bobo) up and
> > running.  There's also some random DTML tips.  I've been sending it out to
> > people who request it, but I thought it might be more efficient to put it o
> > the web.  If you're willing to put a link on the zdp page, I'll stick it up
>  on
> > my homepage (it's in structured text).  I plan on adding some example code
> and
> > some modules with functions I have found useful.
> >
> > So... are the ZDP people interested?  Where should I put this thing?
>
> Sure, we're interested! Let's do the link to your homepage now, if we
> come up with some other way to manage this kind of documentation later,
> we can always change things (with your consent, of course). The
> important thing is to get the info out there.
>
> Anyway, give me the place where I can link to and I'll add a links
> section to zdp.zope.org.

Ok, well, it's not exactly pretty, but it's hopefully useful:

http://www.calarts.edu/~elaforge/zp_zt_info

The title is:

Setting up ZPublisher / ZTemplate for use without Zope

Comments are welcome :)