[ZDP] Structured text

Chris Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 10 May 1999 12:15:23 -0400

> Woops, is DC going to keep it that way? I just thought that
> structured text
> could give people with no knowledge of HTML to publish pages to Zope.
> XEmacs isn't a editor which you would give to people who
> don't know much
> about PC's and already find Word very frustrating....

Well, there isn't anything saying you have to use *emacs, it's just that
Xemacs ships with indented-text-mode which does all this mostly
automagically.  I know the idea has been tossed around for a different
notation being used, perhaps even something similar to what Emacs uses
in Outline mode (which I use enormously):

* Heading 1
Text under heading one, this is a long line.

** Heading 2
This is test under heading two.

THis heading has two paragraphs.

*** Heading 3
Another heading leve.

As you cansee, it's pretty easy.

> Is it possible to upload a word document into zope and then
> show it as a
> word document?

How do you mean? If you mean decode it on the fly into HTML, nope... but
it can certainly serve it back out as application/x-msword or whatever.

Chris