[ZDP] Zope Architecture

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:14:56 +0200

>ZServer is _based_ on Medusa, and is a fast architecture for publishing
>Zope. It can accept FTP and HTTP connections, so you can approach it using
>your browser or FTP client. It can also be accessed using PCGI and other
>protocols, so you could in theory place a webserver (like Medusa itself, or
>Netscape Enterprise or Apache), and have it contact ZServer for further
>processing.

So, .... normally you only have to install Zope.... You don't need any
Server (like Medusa, Apache, ZopeHTTPServer) to get it working? Why then is
when installing Zope, the ZopeHTTPServer configured as Server?

>>It seems that a browser is also capable for entering ZServer... Is this the
>>WebDAV? PS. I've IE5 at home... how to use IE5 with WebDav?
>
>No, WebDAV is completely handled by Zope.

... ? How can I make contact with my browser to ZServer? I thought that
when I ask for an HTTP-request, my browser makes contact with the WebServer
(e.g. Medusa, Apache) and then the WebServer makes contact with ZServer.
Thus browser isn't directly connected with ZServer

Tom.