[ZDP] REVIEW: Proposed Zope Developer's Guide Outline

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 12:55:47 -0700

At 02:01 PM 5/19/99 +0200, Tom Deprez wrote:
>However, the problem I have is that it is a huge amount of text (about 9
>pages). Maybe it would be easier to put a sort of tree in front of it.
>(Like in http://zdp.zope.org/guide/introduction/starting/) This makes it
>easier to read and etc... than just write the different chapters in another
>fontstyle.

Thanks for the advice, but this proposed outline has no relation to how the
final document will be presented. I just whipped out a StructuredText
document, 'cause it's easy to write, not 'cause it's easy to look at ;-) I
would guess that the guide will be written with Framemaker, like the other
guides are, but I really don't want to discuss this right now.

I am more interested in whether you think that I am on the right track in
terms of coverage and organization of *developer* material.

My tentative plan is that a "Zope Developer's Guide" would complement the
other existing Guides, and not have too much overlap. It should give
developers the background, examples, and reference material they need to
seriously hack Zope.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

-Amos