[ZDP] Distributed authoring test

Craig Allen cba@mediaone.net
Mon, 24 May 1999 22:56:15 -0400

Robert O'Connor wrote:
> I've tried the structured text contribution area and did a
> fairly complete example using the comments in
> StructuredText.py.  Perhaps this error is generated
> because of something in my "structured text" that
> makes the zdp.zope barf???

Yes, it was trying to render the DTML in your text.  If you had used <
instead of < it would have not caused an error.  You didn't follow the
instructions, which turn out to be inadequate anyway :-)  It turns out there are
more character entity substitutions that must be done in order to make the
structured text display as intended, like changing " to &quot; for email
addresses.

Anyway, I made those edits and I believe it now displays as you intended.  Check
it out at http://zdp.zope.org/guide/contributions/chapter1/25

But it's ugly.  In my browser (Netscape 4.6 Linux), the lines don't wrap, so I
must scroll to even read it.

My solution for now will be to eliminate structured text as an option.  Paul and
Michel said a Better Way is coming, I can wait.

- Craig
--
Craig Allen  - Managing Partner - Mutual Alchemy
Information Architecture - http://alchemy.nu