[ZDP] Zope installation directory structure - draft 1

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 14:45:05 +0100

Yes (this is where products and Shared reside - this may be of importance)

> lib/python1.5  Zope Python 1.5 library
>           - - Is it usefull to detail the subdirectories ?

No, refer to standard python documentation

Hm, on windows things are installed differently. I only have an lib/python
subdirectory. The Zope python library here includes compiled extension
modules (.pyd's)

The python standard library is in bin/lib

> pcgi      PCGI support directory
>
> pcgi/Win32     PCGI Win32 support directory
>
> utilities      Utilities files
>
> var       Zope data directory
>
> var/Gadfly     Gadfly connection files ???
>
> ZServer/medusa      Medusa program files
>
> ZServer/pubcore     ????
>
>    You will have to create the following ones yourself for advanced Zope
>    development:
>
> Extensions
>
> Import
>
>    The following files are important for Zope configuration and
> daily work:
>
> access         Zope management access control file (See following section
> XXX)
>
> Zope.cgi  Zope PCGI information file (See following section XXX)
>
> Z2.py          ZServer python program
>
> start          Zope unix startup program

on windows this is a start.bat

> stop      Zope unix shutdown program
>
> var/Data.fs    Primary Zope Object Database file (See section XXX)
>
> etc...
>
> END END END

Rik