[ZDP] Re: ZDP Editing

Ute Methner ute@idirect.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:45:22 -0600

Dody, I am going to cross-post my reply to your email to the ZDP list.

> Btw, sorry for not explaining in detail what I need. I just need to
> style for the book. A content style, such as whether we will have a tips
> box, the example format (font size), etc.

This is what I have been working on, but I need a little bit more
time to set this up. Here is my suggestion (I realize this is not the
most
convenient for you): I want to see a tips section because I think that
that is very useful. I don't know the format yet. Please write your tips
and for now add them in any form you wish.

_Along the same lines, I would also like each chapter to end with
an end-of-chapter review._ So, if you are a writer, please consider
adding this to your chapter(s).

About my activities:

I am right now examining all my books that I think have a good layout.
I will combine the good aspects to, I hope, develop a design that will
work for Zbook. This means I will provide you with a list of components
of the book and the layout for a chapter. But this will take a few days.

I will post this outline to the ZDP list so that everyone has the
opportunity to provide feedback.

I am also planning to take parts of Zbook's Chapter 1 and arrange it
according to my recommended layout. That will be found at zope.org. Look
for the link to Style Guide.

I will keep sending posts to ZDP list to keep you up to date with my
activities. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact
me.

--
Ute Methner
Grimsby ON Canada