[ZDP] RFD: "Zope Snippets"

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:54:42 +0100

To:             	Dody Gunawinata <dody_g@eles.com>
Copies to:      	zdp@zope.org
From:           	Anthony Baxter <anthony@interlink.com.au>
Send reply to:  	Anthony Baxter <anthony@interlink.com.au>
Subject:        	Re: [ZDP] RFD: "Zope Snippets"
Date sent:      	Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:30:20 +1100

<snip>

> I'm happy to - but first I'd like to discuss _how_ it should work.
>
> Just throwing pieces of bare code in a folder isn't very useful. :)
>
> What sorts of things need to be stored with it? A list of keywords
> (chosen from a listbox?) A title? Should there be some sort of review
> process, or can anyone just throw them up (so to speak)? Would it be
> the sort of thing that should go on www.zope.org as a new type of object?

Perhaps in a FAQ-ish format/snippet repository? How do I...? Can Zope
do... Perhaps the old ZDP thoughts about the CoolFaq design (much
simplified) could be of use? Using keywords would make them easily
accessible and indexable from a ZCatalog.

And, yes, I think reviewing would be a good idea, especially as
everyone could post snippets. Faulty code, or two different answers
to the same question (but different) are (obviously) more confusing
than enlightening.

Rik