[ZDP] ZDP weekly news

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 13:28:01 +0100

> * Tom contacted Jim Sumser of IDG. They expect this from a book : I'm
> inclined to prefer practical books that will help administrators or
> technicians work with a product. I don't like big, boring books that ramble
> on and on about nothing. If somebody wants the respons I got, just give a
> note and I'll send it to you (I don't send it to the list, because I don't
> know I'm allowed).
>
> * Ute received response of NR for proposing a name for the book.

And the name is ???

> * The publishers make life certainly not easier at ZDP. It wasn't our
> intention in the first place to publish ZBook, although lot's hoped (in
> their mind) this would happen one day. I think this interest comes a little
> early. However, we decided to do the things like we were doing... ie. with
> Anarchy as Order

* zdp.zope.org converted to Zope 2.

* Tom will be working on a chapter/section that describes the essential
knowledge required to understand Zope context.

* We found out Ute is a she.

* Rik is working on a context chapter.

* Dody missed his self-declared time for DTML-VAR draft 2 this week.
Excuse : The type writer is broken..hmm, no, computer got attacked by
Michael Angelo virus,  the Internet connection didn't work, didn't
receive any emails from the mailing list, Tom didn't announce in the
last weekly news that draft 1 was delivered last week,..  . Next week.

dody