[ZDP] Title suggestions for Zbook

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:43:58 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Stephan Richter wrote:
> >
> > > I like 10 best. Perhaps it's a good idea not to get too silly (I, for
> > > instance never buy books with silly titles.Silly titles make me think
> > > the content will be silly as well. THis is only good for books that
> > > are meant to be silly).
>
> > I cannot agree more. I hate silly titles. I personally like ZBook.
> > Here my list (far not as long):
> >
> > 1. The Zen of Zope
>
> I think this one is reserved by Digital Creations? I do kinda like:

Not really, no one can 'reserve' a title, and they can't, I believe, be
copywrited.  When I first started work on what is now the untitled
O'Reilly book, I called it 'The Zen of Zope'.  I have allways had in the
back of my mind a very high fiber, zen/philosophy oriented pocket book
about Zope called the Zen of Zope, but that may never come to fruition
(maybe I should quit DC and write books! ;)

> Zope -- the road of enlightenment
>
> though. :)
>
> > 2. The ZBook - Object Publishing with Zope
>
> I like this one.
>
> I'd say let's not spend too much time figuring out the title now -- is
> it required? We know what the book is about, and we can keep calling in
> ZBook for now (or forever).

Yes, I would hold off on the title.  Further, a publisher is going to
want to help you with this, they possibly have specific brands of books
that they may want to 'fit' your work into (like, "Learn Zope in 24
hours", "Zope for dummies") etc...

-Michel