[ZDP] Title suggestions for Zbook

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:06:07 +0100

Date sent:      	Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:43:58 -0500
From:           	Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
To:             	Martijn Faassen <m.faassen@vet.uu.nl>
Copies to:      	zdp@zope.org
Subject:        	Re: [ZDP] Title suggestions for Zbook

> Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > > I cannot agree more. I hate silly titles. I personally like ZBook.
> > > Here my list (far not as long):
> > >
> > > 1. The Zen of Zope
> >
> > I think this one is reserved by Digital Creations? I do kinda like:
>
> Not really, no one can 'reserve' a title, and they can't, I believe, be
> copywrited.

Nope, but I believe in the Zope community claiming goes a little
further than copyright. I think (hope?) this is also a bit what the
open source/open content is about: fairness beyond laws.

When I first started work on what is now the untitled
> O'Reilly book, I called it 'The Zen of Zope'.  I have allways had in the
> back of my mind a very high fiber, zen/philosophy oriented pocket book
> about Zope called the Zen of Zope, but that may never come to fruition
> (maybe I should quit DC and write books! ;)

Yes, but why would you think we'd read them then <wink>

> > > 2. The ZBook - Object Publishing with Zope
> >
> > I like this one.

I thought we stopped voting, but I vote for it as well (perhaps ZBook
- web object publishing with Zope).

> > I'd say let's not spend too much time figuring out the title now -- is
> > it required? We know what the book is about, and we can keep calling in
> > ZBook for now (or forever).
>

> Yes, I would hold off on the title.  Further, a publisher is going to
> want to help you with this, they possibly have specific brands of books
> that they may want to 'fit' your work into (like, "Learn Zope in 24
> hours", "Zope for dummies") etc...

I agree to stop thinking about titles, though I hate titles like
that. Now your all free to say that's because I'm in the dummy target
group :-) If we have more interested publishers, couldn't we select
one without a stupid titles series?

Rik