[ZDP] New ZDP homepage uploaded

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:57:15 +0100

Date sent:      	Mon, 08 Nov 1999 17:27:33 +0100
From:           	Martijn Faassen <m.faassen@vet.uu.nl>
Copies to:      	zdp@zope.org
Subject:        	Re: [ZDP] New ZDP homepage uploaded

> Ute Methner wrote:
> >
> > I've (finally) uploaded the new homepage. Please let me know if you find
> > any omissions, mistakes, etc. I've checked all links and email
> > addresses, and they were working.
>
> It improved a lot, thanks!
>
> > If you have any links you want to add for programmers, designers,
> > etc. please add them or let me know, and I'll add them.
> >
> > Any other suggestions are also welcome.
> >
> > Savvas: I don't like the 'top' things on the page. Can you design a
> > replacement for it?  An arrow or something that fits in with the
> > general design and feel of the page. If you can think of any other
> > improvements, such as better heading fonts, please just make the
> > changes.
>
> Maybe we can just get rid of the 'top' links completely? I don't think
> they're very useful (especially on a smaller page). People are free to
> disagree with me, though.

Though 'top' links are very common, I never understood why they were
there or why you should need them. If they are needed to navigate in
a site, just make pages shorter. If you want a number of items on one
page, make an index (possibly with short summaries) that link to
separate pages. As far as I'm concerned, this is rule one of writing
for the web.

Or to summarize: kick 'm out

Ha

Rik