[ZDP] Other ideas for ZBook marketing

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:03:04 +1000

Tom Deprez wrote:

> mmmm... it's very difficult to get some people who want to write down their
> experiences. And even more difficult to have people who are willing to
> write a manual of a product! Mostly people start using it. If they like it
> they go on, if they don't like it, they move to another product. I agree,
> that DOCUMENTATION helps people to like a product a lot! But,... to have
> people working on it, that's damn difficult...
>
> When we made the first chapters of ZBook, we announced it to all the lists
> Zope had... unfortunately we didn't get lot's of attention... nobody
> offered himself to write a part of it... and I think that's something you
> can't change by marketing... (and you mean by marketing: make it clear to
> the world that we are working on Zope documentation and need help, isn't it?)

Let's market it differently. Probably in the line of, "this is
happening, with or without you, and it's gonna be big..
You can either be part of it now..or just watch from the sideline in the
future" ..

I prefer in the line of attracting the current how-tos writer to join
us. *They* have written something useful, so if we
can promote the benefits of working in a framework like ZCL, we *might*
get something.

It's hard to get a writer, however, we need to market it regurarly,
because new people keep joining the list everyday..We might just get
lucky.

However, we need something more than just writer, we need *reader's*
feedback. They are important for the quality of ZBook. You can only
*read*  a draft many times before you get sick of it.

Dody