[ZDP] ZBook

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:00:41 +0200

Hi Luciano & Co,

I don't know if somebody else already has contacted you, if so, please
ignore this. Also this text is almost the same as I've written yesterday to
a contributor. (so it can be identically for some of us)

At the moment ZDP is very rudimentary. We're working on ZBook and are just
in the beginnings. You can find most up-to-date information at

http://zdp.zope.org/ZBookStatus

For software, we're just using everything which is capable of writing
drafts. Most people write their stuff into Structured text.

A draft is placed at the link above (or referenced from there). And new
versions replace the old drafts.
When a draft recieved it's end status, it is placed at the ZBook tree
(which holds 2 chapters now).

Drafts are numbered as indicated in their chapter number in the ZCL, eg :
V.1.1 will be named as Chapter_511_stx (stx from structured text)

This way it will be easy to make some sort of tool which renders the
chapter titels very easely (I think) and everything will be in small
chuncks of text.

We've proposed a tool for making this more automatic, but at the moment
most people don't have the time or the experience with Python/Zope to
create our own tool.

I hope I didn't scared you with this information and I hope we can welcome
you to the ZDP members.

Kind Regards, Tom.