[ZDP] FYI: Documentation Futures

Alexandre Ratti ratti@dial.oleane.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:27:47 +0200

Hello,

I'll second Amos here. We'd need a peer review process for howtos so that
new users who want to write one can feel more confident about there writings.

Writing a howto is very useful both for the writer and other users, but you
don't want your misconceptions to end up in the final docs.

Recently I've sent notices about my draft howtos to the zope@zope.org list
and I got useful feedback. However, postings have a fairly short lifetime.
We'd need to post drafts somewhere so that they stay up a bit longer before
released.

Also, the process could involve collective discussions of suggested changes
and additions.

ZDPists, I've been reading your posts for some time. Keep up the good work!

Alexandre