[ZDP] ZDP Editor for NW [longish]

Ute Methner ute@idirect.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:28:22 -0500

I am receiving the postings to this list only sporadically and not
sequentially, so I am not sure where this discussion is at. If I am
way off mark with my post, ...please tell me.

Tom, it's great that you have decided to be the coordinator (please,
stop hitting yourself on the knees, we need you in good form to run
with this project <grin>).

> Ute is certainly right about the style-issue... There isn't one yet... So,
> perhaps Ute can make a decision about the style?

I'd be happy to set up a style guide. Though
I am grasping here to  get a feel of what it happening with the
publications. Does ZDP want to 'single source' (same content
structure in hardcopy and in electronic format, <I am working
on my master's degree in technical writing, so occasionally I can't
resist throwing out these words>)? If yes, this will save
time and energy but needs some planning from someone :(.
So, before I send you to sleep expounding on the differences
between writing electronic and hardcopy documents
in a style guide ... please decide if single sourcing is the way
to go. This has not been made clear in the posts I have received so far.

I would also like to go a little further than a document style guide
and that is to give you some tips on writing per se. For this, I am
going to assume that the writing team consists of a combination of
native
and non-native English-speakers. If this is wrong, please tell me.

Sorry about all these questions, but it is better for all of us
to be on the same wavelength... or at least for me to get on your
wavelength.
--
Ute Methner
Grimsby ON Canada