[ZDP] ZDP Editor for NW [longish]

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 23:14:03 +0200

Patrick Phalen wrote:
> [Martijn Faassen, on Thu, 28 Oct 1999]:
>
> :: single sourcing is what we are looking at, at least. Mention was made of
> :: using DocBook SGML; this looks like a good single source option to me (if it
> :: can be made quite accessible to writers; and editors can convert plaintext
> :: drafts into docbook SGML; we shouldn't stop the quick production of drafts).
>
> Not to muddy the waters at this point, but there is a DocBook XML
> movement with a fair amount of momentum.
>
> See the homepage at http://www.xml.com.

Yes, actually DocBook XML featured in an earlier discussion on this list;
we're aware of its existence. Are DocBook XML tools as mature as DocBook
SGML ones, though? I assume a conversion from DocBook SGML to DocBook XML in
the future would be possible semi-automatically, if so desired?

Regards,

Martijn