[ZDP] Hello, fellow Zopers - about the CIS..

Eron woodsage@op.net
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 22:07:50 -0400

--------------C8D6597554E9D37FEAC58525

Greets. I am the developer of the CIS project, and, would like to give a
quick notice to all:

  1. 1. The CIS project is a project aiming at helping communities
     everywhere build their own civic networks (there is a report on
     this at CIS's website). It is very different from anything that
     might seem to be similar in design. I feel the documentation is
     coming along well, and a clear understanding of what it is can be
     gathered from it. Anyone with qustions will be warmly welcomed to
     contact me (and maybe point out somthing I have missed).
  2. 2. The CIS project is NOT competing with Zope in anyway. One of the
     main things we are interested in is the Portal Toolkit - it seems
     like a very good design in be incorporated into the CIS. If,
     somewhere down the road, we are fortunate to extend it's
     capabilities beyond that existing now, we plan to make the
     developments available back to the Zope community. Remember, Zope
     is the CIS's framework, the Portal Toolkit an engine. We are not
     attempting to replace anything Zope is doing. Zope is good. Zope is
     great. That's why we chose it, dig? :-)

Great, now we are all on the same level. Keep up the good work, guys!!

Working for the good of mankind,
Eron Lloyd (EarthTone)

--------------C8D6597554E9D37FEAC58525

Greets. I am the developer of the CIS project, and, would like to give
a quick notice to all:
<ol>
<li>
1. The CIS project is a project aiming at helping communities everywhere
build their own civic networks (there is a report on this at CIS's website).
It is very different from anything that might seem to be similar in design.
I feel the documentation is coming along well, and a clear understanding
of what it is can be gathered from it. Anyone with qustions will be warmly
welcomed to contact me (and maybe point out somthing I have missed).</li>

<li>
2. The CIS project is NOT competing with Zope in anyway. One of the main
things we are interested in is the Portal Toolkit - it seems like a very
good design in be incorporated into the CIS. If, somewhere down the road,
we are fortunate to extend it's capabilities beyond that existing now,
we plan to make the developments available back to the Zope community.
Remember, Zope is the CIS's framework, the Portal Toolkit an engine. We
are not attempting to replace anything Zope is doing. Zope is good. Zope
is great. That's why we chose it, dig? :-)</li>
</ol>