[ZDP] wysiwyg issues

Jeff Holland jholland@paradigm-healthcare.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:00:00 -0700

I'm new to the group and Zope.  Zope has got me me very excited about the
possibilities of managing a large site, particularly a community, and even a
moderate-sized web-based office through a LAN with administrative databases,
organizational tools and whatnot. The rate at which features are added seems
quite quick and the community is very enthused.

Seems to me that the power of zope belongs to the users who know how to code
and don't want or need their hands held through a drag n drop interface and
fancy toolbar.  There are products that do that fairly well without messing
up the code too much (Dreamweaver being one-- as long as you don't use too
much of their Javascript.)  If Zope can deliver tools and features that
these apps can't, such as portal building, automatic updates, (best served
by the open source movement), then zope has its niche and will thrive.

Are there templates of objects that give the user an interface to build
objects without having to use tags-- the monkey-proof site?  Or is that my
my job?  If so, I'll shut up and bury myself in the Howtos.

Jeff Holland
zope user name: rumba