[ZDP] move to zope.org ?

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:15:20 +1000

Simon Michael wrote:

> Look at the buzz on zope.org - howtos, member pages, etc. How about
> moving ZDP content to the zope.org site ? For example, we could create
> a member "ZDP" with a known password.
>
> Possible advantages:
>
> - more obvious & active location; more potential users/contributors/developers
> - simpler, more open maintenance procedure
> - latest Zope 2 functionality
> - get a search engine for free
> - helps reduce fragmentation of zope docs
>
> Comments?
*Those* are real advantages.

The problem is with ZBook, because in Zope member site, all the pages in
enclosed in the standard table layout. If you find a way
to get around this, then it could be a good solution. Although the
*power* of having real Zope installation for ZDP alone (as we have now)
is intoxicating :)

The best thing would be to have ZDP logo at the main page and have our
current Zope installation upgraded (Any reason we can't upgrade now ?),
but I guess that would only possible once we got our act together and
make a clean page for ZDP.

At this point, all Zope documentation seems to be sporadic and well, uh
in Anarchy. ZBook framework probably would probably be our salvation. If
we done this right, all how-to's writer can work together in a framework
that offers the definitive guide to Zope, from the dummies
to the wizards.

Dody