[ZDP] New activity page

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 00:39:06 +0100

Hi Tom !

Tom Deprez wrote:
> This is really GREAT!

Thanks !

It really surprised me to see how suddenly it became
obvious how much had been done on the site in the last week :-)
(I think this feature is going to be copied by some other
sites soon ;-) )

I am already working on a generic Search ZClass, which
is not usable yet, but has already been added to DocumentFolder.
I don't know how far this will get, but I already have some
ideas. For example by adding a /?Maintainer=tom to a search could
restrict a search to a specific author.

Also, I am currently working on making searches for documents
that need roles:

NeedsWriter
NeedsEditor

This will make it easy to identify which parts of ZDP need help,
but we have to find a way to change the properties of the
DocumentFolder from DTML. Then these will have to be added to the
Management Interface. For example a Draft submitter will be able
to set the NeedsWriters property to the value 1, if the systems
detects that the person who is logged in is the Maintainer
of the Draft.

> Yes, a litlle, more user-friendly, eg. drafts names etc.

Yep, and I want to add the breadcrumbs to every object ! This
will be way cool !

> I think we've should make a form on the ZDP which is a small
> guideline to our members so they know how to add objects in
> such a way that we all use the same method (eg same way of
> objectnaming,etc)

Right ! I will add a dtml-var on this to every constructor,
so everyone will be able to see the generic instructions.
Then there will have to be some special instructions for
classes like NewsFolder, relating to the date property.

I hope I will hear something from DC about the future of ZDP soon,
so when we are sure about this we can announce the site publicly.
I think most of the stuff is already in place, isn't it ?

Greetings,

Maik