[ZDP] ZDP-Tools changes

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:49:46 +0100

Hi !

Just a quick note on what has been going on
in the ZDP-Tools:

1. Implementation of Snippets
   - Kamon needed them to move some stuff from
     ZFAQ to Snippets.
   - Also added small documentation on it to
     the ZDP-Tools Documentation. You can jump
     from there right to the implementation.
2. Make call to redirect upon adding consistent
   - This is just an internal change. Now I will
     finally decide where the user gets after
     adding a ZClass :-)
3. New content type "code"
   - Useful for Snippets
   - This was a little bit tricky, and I wonder whether
     there is a more elegant way to do it.
4. List and Link Base class "DocumentFolder" in Manager view
   - Makes it easier to jump to DocumentFolder when
     you are looking at a Subclass and need to change something
     in the baseclass
5. Let Managers set Content Type in management interface
   - No more need to change this in "EditInfo"
   - Maybe this should be hidden ?
   - We can add a [change] link to an extra page dedicated
     to changing the content type. This can also be done
     for Needs*
6. Completely move searches from DocumentFolder to SearchClass
   - DocumentFolder has less methods

My Todo List:

1. Let anonymous see implementation of ZDP-Tools
2. Solve order problem of FAQ Sections
3. Add summary search to activity
   - 345 items changed -> link to details
   - 30 activities changed, 40 comments, 3 new drafts
4. Search by meta_type
   - Search for all comments, drafts and so on.
5. Search by author
   - also added to member page
6. How-Tos
7. XML export
8. Add more roles
9. List roles plus members who have them
10. Create ZCL from ZBook
11. Consistently use form_* in DocumentFolderProduct

If you think one of these todos should get a higher
priority or if you should like to take over one of
the tasks, then just let me know.

Greetings,

Maik Röder