[ZDP] Snippets, ZCL, entering ids

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:36:08 +0100

Hi !

There are some problems with anonymous viewing Snippets. I will
have to work on this problem. A workaround that I have applied
for the moment is to change Permissions to allow View_Management_Screens
for Anonymous on the Snippets. Doing this manually is not good,
so this may have to be done from DTML automatically.

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com wrote:
> I was thinking about this issue.
> Does it make sense to have a Target ZCL (the goal) which is the one I
> maintain, and a Current ZCL which is the one created from ZBook ? Remember
> that Zbook is still in progress. Instead of Current ZCL, we could also call
> it Zbook TOC.

If you really need a target ZCL, then it does make sense to keep it separate.
Then it would be advisable to really call it Target ZCL Table of Contents.

> This way, I imagine having both ZCL's displayed on the same page (we need
> to re-work the layout). It allows people to see how the Zbook is
> progressing.

If you really need this, then make a special view, split it with a Table, and
put a view of the current ZCL in the left and the target ZCl to the right.

> Btw, some remarks:
>
> 1/ I have begun using Snippets and it is fine, but do you need it is
> usefull to enter an ID ? What not auto-generate the ID ? Maybe you use it
> for cataloging ?

The id is not needed, so this can be removed.

> It will be good to have a centered line separating each snippet  from the
> others (at the end of the snippet). Or a little icon like for FAQQuestions.

The view is open to enhancements.

> 2/ When submitting a new draft in a draftsfolder (DocumentFolder), I found
> that one also have to enter an ID. In the past we programmed it to
> auto-generate using the date of creation. Can we change it back ? I could
> do this change if OK.

OK, can be changed as well.

CU,

Maik