[ZDP] New ZDP site

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:36:30 +0100

Hi Martijn !

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> Looks good, guys.

Thanks !

> Two remarks:
>
> - Move the 'about' section up to the top of the page. Newcomers will
> need this information, and it's current place will make it unfindable
> for them.

I have removed the about from the top because people don't read
mission statements at all on the web. In my opinion people want to
get to the information as fast as possible, and thus they skip
all lengthy texts. Still, two lines to explain the value proposition
of ZDP would be great. Something comparable to this would be great:
"Search the largest used car inventory on the Internet
More than 1.25 million listings, updated daily"
This should be a crystal-clear positioning statement that
focuses on what users will gain from using the ZDP site and why they
should care about it. Any suggestions ?

> - Make the word Zope in that text a link to www.zope.org, so people that
> don't yet know what Zope is (like, who?), will be able to find out
> quickly.

OK.

> Great site people!

Thanks again !