[ZDP] Zbook drafts

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:29:51 +0100

--0__=72ylZaIAgLC5cmherKKEvhfWLLVoS84PlL7Qsa5ZLHKHKyTbezizlqR2

Hi !

I agree with you Tom on "too much clicking problem".

Let me try to summarise the draft submission process as I see it (and a=
lso
for my own understanding):

SUBMISSION

1/ Submiter goes in the chapter/subchapter he needs to update

2/ Submiter creates a documentfolder for his content, or enters in the
existing one (if there is)
What convention do we use for name and id of this documentfolder ? draf=
ts ?
submited_content ?

3/ Then Submitter adds his draft documents inside the document folder

READING/REVIEW

The drafts are listed in a flat view (drafts flat view) as an option to=

allow people to get them without too much clicking.
Reader can create a comment from the draft's page.

CORRECTED DRAFT SUBMISSION

1/ Submiter goes in the chapter/subchapter he needs to update

2/ Submiter enters in the draft submission document folder

3/ Then Submitter adds his new version of the draft nearby the previous=

version

ACCEPTED DRAFT AFTER REVIEW

After review, when the drafts are OK, their status change and they are
moved from the submission document folder to the root of the
chapter/subchapter. (Kind of workflow feature.)

Readers can access the ongoing version of the book after validation in =
second flat view (book flat view).

---------------------- Envoy=E9 par Kamon Ayeva/HO/VERITAS le 25/01/200=
0
10:04 ---------------------------

tom.deprez@village.uunet.be on 24/01/2000 19:53:06

Veuillez r=E9pondre =E0 tom.deprez@village.uunet.be

Pour :    roeder@berg.net, zdp@zope.org
cc :   (ccc : Kamon Ayeva/HO/VERITAS)
Objet :   Re: [ZDP] Zbook drafts

=

--0__=72ylZaIAgLC5cmherKKEvhfWLLVoS84PlL7Qsa5ZLHKHKyTbezizlqR2

> DocumentFolder is what people actually have to add. They can be placed
> anywhere in the structure: Inside Part, Chaper, Subchapter
>
> Don't forget that at first people have to go to the Draft sections and
> add drafts for chapters and when the drafts are ok, they are put into
> the Folder as DocumentFolders.

I don't know, I think this be too much clicking...

click part, chapter, subchapter, then click draft to see draft or then
click
documentfolder to see the text.

Why not just?

click part, chapter, subchapter. contents of document folder are shown, or
draft. User can click comment to give comment.

Be aware that in every chapter, subchapter only 1 draft will be (this draft
will always be updated).

Tom.