[ZDP] Re: [Zope] Rendering Folderish ZClass Object

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:40:11 +0200

Hi Chris !

Chris Withers wrote:
> I have a ZClass based on Folder. Contained within this is a DTML Method,
> index_html. This is mapped to the 'View' view and renders the
> appropriate object contained in itself depending on soem logic.
>
> All, is well if I access the object through a URL, the page is rendered
> as expected.
> However, if I access the object with the following code:
> <dtml-var testObject>
>
> All I get is:
> <MyClass instance at 8717b90>
>
> Why is this? Why does the normal rendering not take place?

Do you know about the Software Product: Renderable Base ZClass ?
http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/Renderable-ZClass

Regards,

Maik Röder

--
"The computing future is based  on "cyberbodies" - self-contained,
neatly-ordered,  beautifully-laid-out  collections of information,