[ZDP] Re: Re: [ZDP] new french doc online

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 00:22:03 +0100

Hello Loren,

actually, "grokking" was translated to French once: AFAIK this word was 1st
used in Heinlein's novel "Stranger in a strange land".

When this novel was translated to French the translator used "niouquer", if
you can believe it. Problem is, the word never made it into mainstream or
even jargon French. I don't know of any computer-jargon equivalent to
"grokking" in French.

Omar started a thread on the French Zope list about how to translate this
title so I think we'll eventually come up with something acceptable.

Cheers.

Alexandre