[ZDP] ZDPFAQ questions

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 19:07:02 +0100

Hi Rik !

> > > Hm, still not sure.
> >
> > We may consider creating a ZClass called "Orderer" or something like this,
> > which would act like a Controller on the Model. The View would be separated
> > naturally. This ZClass would be used to order anything that has an order
> > property. This way we could handle the generic case.
>
> This leaves alone that ordering information has to have something to
> order. And the thing to order has to either to be an object property or
> some sort of reference to objects.

I don't get what you mean here. I think we should be ordering on properties of
ZClass instances. By convention this could be a property called "order".

> > What do you think ?
>
> Thinking about it yesterday in the rain and storm on my bike ;-(, I
> thought (well all sorts of things I can't repeat here, having to do with
> rain and storm)

lol :-) I like biking when the rain just sort of drips, but when it bloody
buckets down, I'd prefer biking indoors ;-)

> that it would be most proper to use the local
> propertysheet for ordering information (do the ZDP Classes have this -
> yes I think so).

Just one ZClass has this - can't remember which. We could put it in
an extra property sheet - ok.

> In this way they are so to say 'instance properties'
> (to be changed by manage_changeProperties sec) as opposed to the class
> instance properties, which are precoded.

OK.

> You would still have to set the property at class instantiation, but
> further on it could be managed from the container.

Set to 0 per default.

> This could still be ordered by an orderer, which is useful on all
> accounts.

Yep

> Does this make sense?

Sounds quite sound :-)