[ZDP] Survey

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:57:37 -0500

> Let's all fill in the survey!
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/Documentation/DocSurvey

Please do!

BTW, here are the results so far, but no peeking until you take the
survey yourself ;-)

--
How useful and effective is Zope documentation? (1-5)
  3.23448275862

How useful and effective are these sources Zope documentation? (1-5)

  Zope Guides, for example Zope Content Manager's Guide. 3.02298850575
  Zope.org How-Tos 2.21965317919
  ZDP Information, for example, ZQR 2.74050632911
  Magazine articles, for example XML.COM articles on Zope 2.71337579618

How important are these types of documentation? (1-5)

  Tutorials for new users 1.52873563218
  Examples and Cookbook-style information 1.48275862069
  DTML documentation 1.67045454545
  Online help 2.2183908046
  Developer documentation 1.65517241379
  Installation/adminstration documentation 2.12716763006
--

So Zope documentation in general rates a little worse than 'adequate'.
The guides rate as the least helpful form of docs, the how-tos rate as

Pretty much all categories of docs are important. Online help and
installation/adminstration as slightly less important that the other
categories. The most important category of docs is examples.

I'll post final results when we end the survey, maybe in a week.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com