[ZDP] Versioning

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 12:43:18 +0100

Hmmm, this sounds great for the first part :-)

I think the interface needs to be made more friendly though :S
When you're 'reading' the ZBook online and go to a chapter, you should see the
current 'active' draft, not a list of drafts.
Below this should be a link saying [view other drafts]. The [view other drafts]
page should have the [add draft] link on it, and I presume Anonymous users are
supposed to be able to upload drafts?

I like the way comments are right now (well, taking into account the ZDP
look&feel not being finished... ;-)

Perhaps the second versioning problem I mentioned could be solved by having a
'This Applies to' section above/below 'Comments' which details what versions
that draft applies to.

<pipedream>
The above 'view the current draft' thing when you go to a chapter would know
what version of Zope you're using and show the appropriate draft.
</pipedream>

With the above chanegs, I guess the chapter class could be used to do documents
in the portal. What does the portal use now?

cheers,

Chris