[ZDP] Basic knowledge for Zope admins

Maik Roeder mroe@axion-gmbh.de
Mon, 08 May 2000 17:10:27 +0100

Hi Itamar !

[Itamar:]
> >I'm writing a short document on care and feed of Zope - starting, stopping,
> >what to backup.  Should I send it straight to this address?

[Tom:]
> Thats great. You can send your document to this list or even better, put it
> right in the portal yourself.

Yes, you can put it in the Administrator portal:

http://zdp.zope.org/portals/administrators

The only existing Subjects are:

Installation
Web Server Integration
Scalability
Benchmarks
CGI
Security

As I see it, we need a new Subject Maintenance
and a new Topic Backup under it.

Feel free to add any Subject and Topic you like.
Look for the following link in the Administrators
Portal:

[Add Subject]

And under the Subject:

[Add Topic]

You need a Draft Submission Folder to upload Drafts.
Maybe you can use one of the existing ones in the ZBook.
To use the ZDP site you may have to become a Member, otherwise
you don't have all the necessary rights, which may have to
change. I am a little reluctant to open rights too much for
anonymous users.

If you want, I can put the document in the right place for
you. The ZDP-Tools need to be enhanced to make them really
user-friendly.

Greetings,

Maik Röder