[ZDP] Some remarks about the portal design(s)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 21:28:16 +0100

> Ha! You can get some sleep now ;-) (as far as we're concerned). Hm, 9.00 am,
> where are you then?

9pm... Reading... UK...

> Yep, thanks. I already found them very helpful. Just one more question: are
> they directly scriptable (for direct searches from zdp)

Sadly not. You could probably rig up some search forms that would go
directly into the results, but I'm not sure :/

They could probably be made scriptable but that would be 'Hard Work'
(tm)
Things like this are one of the reason I'd like to move it all into
Zope.
But, like I said, I'm not confident that Zope could handle 30,000 odd
messages and catalog them using ZCatalog without bringing the machine
that hosts it all to its knees...

If anyone's done anything similar with Zope, let me know, and give me
some confidence ;-)

cheers,

Chris