[ZDP] Re. portal comments..

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:27:14 +0200

Hi Alexandre !

Alexandre Ratti wrote:
> Concerning Howtos I wanted to ask you when we can start adding
> references/links to the existing howtos?

Kamon is working on this task, but I don't know how far he has come.

> Also, where do you want to store these references and how do you want to
> create the link objects? Eg. do you plan to batch-create objects based on a
> list?

The references should be stored in the member folder of a ZDP member.
I don't think we need to create links to all howtos. I find it more important
to create links that are helpful for the different communities in the
subjects that are important for them and inside topics they care about.

We want to make quality information available, and should not be compiling
just another list of how-tos. We can still create a complete list of howtos
right on the Zope.org site sorted by different criteria, and point to this
list, which is always up to date.

Do you all agree to this ?

Greetings,

Maik Röder