[ZDP] possibilities for members

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:08:37 +0200

Hi!

As announced before here my little list.. :

This is simply a collection of advantages users
might have when being registered and not seen as
anonymous users:

- over time you might get more right to change things
  or you will not need some review before publishing

- you might define what interests you most (select a
  portal and/or give some keywords) and you might get
  a sorted What's New list or an email when something
  has changed you're interested in.

- If we would have searchable mailinglists in Zope the
  user might define search terms and store them. Thus he
  can quickly do search again or get informed when new
  stuff fulfilling the prefs are added.
  Also there could be a mailinglist interface which is
  automatically sorted by weight defined by his keywords.

- Users might be redirected to their actual workspace if
  they want to (e.g. if they're working on it).

- You don't need to give your email all the time when
  adding stuff.

- People can easily see what you have added if we provide
  a page for doing so ;-)

- users might define which layout they prefer (e.g. which style
  sheet, even if they simply define different font sizes.)

I bet there are more ;-)

(Setting aside that you might have a stronger relationship to the
site with it. Even as the ZDP is no commercial site this might be
important as we want something from our members: INFORMATION :)

And as said before also this is not of high priority and should be
added when the main things are working and sorted out.. But if we
want to implement it we can keep it in mind while working on the rest
to make it easier to plug it in later..

cheers,
  Christian