[ZDP] How should authors and readers work together ?

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:24:54 +0200

Hi Jerry !

Jerry Spicklemire wrote:
> If the ZDP were in some Wiki-ish form that could be edited by readers
> ("Edit This Page", a la Frontier?), a new version of a page could be
> created to fix the most obvious misexpressions. The author might then be
> able to review the updates, and either approve the fixes, or clarify cases
> where a misfix has resulted from a misinterpretation, which itself is a
> verifiable indication that the original text was somewhat obscure. After a
> few passes through this process, the ZDP might be dressed up and ready to
> go to press!

We have recently changed the ZDP-site, so you can add comments to
everything. Someone has to work on sending these comments directly
to the Maintainers/Authors.

The portals with their subjects and topics allow comments, links and
drafts to be added by anonymous.

I don't know whether it is a good idea to allow anonymous to change the
texts on the ZDP site.

As a first step, I think it would be great if we could achieve the
goal of getting authors and readers together inside the community
portals, where they share interest in a subject and topic. The readers
provide some links, comments and maybe even drafts, and the ZDP members
take them and integrate them in their documentation.

Greetings,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on