[ZDP] Re: [Zope] The agony of the ZOPE Documentation

Jerry Spicklemire jerry@spicklemire.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 10:39:06 -0500

At 12:38 PM 5/25/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Perhaps, but i think this is not necessary

Maybe not, but since the Wiki Pages have shown up on Zope.org, when I
see a typo, I fix it. That's about as painless as possible.

> Should you become a member of the ZDP site,

I just took another look at the ZDP Site. When I clicked "Join the ZDP",
the next page has some text under "Getting Involved", and another
link for subscribing to the ZDP mailing list, but no information about how
to "Join the ZDP", or what that means.

> than Maik already created
>many such tools, including commenting, reviewing, discussing etcetera (and
>search possibilities for documentation that needs it). We badly need people
>for these tasks, though, and nobody has taken these tasks up yet. Mindlace
>just yet announced serious involvement by DC, but we never had input from
>them before (sorry to say so)
>
>Please take into account that at the moment the whole ZDP, including
>programming, writing documentation etc, takes the effort of far less than
>ten people, who work at it in their spare time. Or to put it differently:
>
>ZDP NEEDS CONTRIBUTORS, REVIEWERS, EDITORS, WRITERS

I'm no Zope Guru, just another guy trying to learn this stuff. My best
contribution at this point is the ability to copyedit. If that can be done
easily,
and efficiently, I can probably do quite a bit.

>Help us out and the whole Zope community will benefit.
>
>Rik

Thanks for your reply,
Jerry S.