[ZDP] The search code.

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Fri, 26 May 2000 00:22:50 +0200

Hi !

jiva@devware.com wrote:

> Okay, so I've looked at the way the zdp pages are setup, I am curious
> about something though:
>
> It appears there's a folderish object called "Search" in the root
> folder on zdp.  What type of object is this?

It is a SearchClass:

It is listed here:

http://localhost:5080/projects/zdptools/DocumentFolder/

From there you can jump to its methods and also to the
management interface.

> It also appears that
> anything search returns ultimately is returned through the "report"
> method of this object.  Where can this be looked at?  Is this object
> an external product?  Or is it a ZClass product?  or what?

The Searchclass has the following methods:

http://zdp.zope.org:5080/Control_Panel/Products/DocumentFolderProduct/
SearchClass/propertysheets/methods/list_methods

     Also_By_This_Maintainer
     Bottom
     FetchObj
     Get_Supported_Searches
     ResultRawInContent
     WhatNeedsReaders
     WhatTypeNeedsReaders
     WhatTypeNeedsWhatRole
     WhatTypeWhatMaintainer
     What_Maintainer
     What_needs_Approvers
     What_needs_Commenters
     What_needs_Maintainers
     What_needs_Readers
     What_needs_Reviewers
     What_needs_What_Role
     What_needs_Writers
     Whats_New
     Whats_New_Or_Changed
     Whats_New_Or_Changed_By_Meta_Type
     Whats_New_Or_Changed_Short
     link_methods
     list_methods
     mover_search
     report
     search

Access the report method directly here:

http://localhost:5080/Control_Panel/Products/DocumentFolderProduct/
SearchClass/propertysheets/methods/report/manage

I will happily answer all your questions,

Greetings,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on