[ZDP] Okay... new search results screen...

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:22:35 -0700

I'll wait for your permission to save these changes, but I wanted to
show what I've done here.

If you go into the Jiva version and run a search, you should see a new
way of presenting the results which, IMO, makes the whole search
interface about 10000 times more useful.  First, it lists the title of
the content (if it has one).  Every content object returned SHOULD
have a title.  If we come across ones that don't, we should fix them
ASAP.  The importance of this cannot be understated.  Next, it returns
the actual complete URL printed out and hyperlinked.  This is for
people who want to hilight the text of the url but can't do it easily
otherwise.  It's also vitally important that the http://zdp.zope.org
is shown on the front of it in the link.  The reason for this is
because as users become web-savvy, they tend to fit a URL into a
certain mental template.  We need to conform to this mental template.
Finally, it prints out the abstract for the document.  This is the
second most important bit (the first being the title).  This gives the
user that absolutely vital little bit of "Oh yes, this is the document
I want, I can tell by the abstract!"

With your permission, I'll save this to the regular version.

Jiva
--
On Thanksgiving Day all over America, families sit down to dinner at the
same moment -- halftime.