[ZDP] Okay... new search results screen...

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Fri, 26 May 2000 02:26:10 +0200

Hi !

jiva@devware.com wrote:

> I'll wait for your permission to save these changes, but I wanted to
> show what I've done here.
>
> If you go into the Jiva version and run a search, you should see a new
> way of presenting the results which, IMO, makes the whole search
> interface about 10000 times more useful.

Looks great !

>  First, it lists the title of
> the content (if it has one).

I am not using the title. You should use the name and perhaps the shorter
nickname.

>  Every content object returned SHOULD
> have a title.  If we come across ones that don't, we should fix them
> ASAP.  The importance of this cannot be understated.  Next, it returns
> the actual complete URL printed out and hyperlinked.  This is for
> people who want to hilight the text of the url but can't do it easily
> otherwise.  It's also vitally important that the http://zdp.zope.org
> is shown on the front of it in the link.  The reason for this is
> because as users become web-savvy, they tend to fit a URL into a
> certain mental template.  We need to conform to this mental template.
> Finally, it prints out the abstract for the document.  This is the
> second most important bit (the first being the title).  This gives the
> user that absolutely vital little bit of "Oh yes, this is the document
> I want, I can tell by the abstract!"

Good.

> With your permission, I'll save this to the regular version.

You are allowed to do so without asking.

Greetings,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on