[ZDP] Okay... new search results screen...

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Fri, 26 May 2000 02:33:55 +0200

Hi Jiva !

jiva@devware.com wrote:

> Of course, I seem to have found a bug.  If I search for "pdf" I get an
> attribute error on "abstract"  Is it that not all docs have abstracts?

It used to be that only the content was created. I have changed this
some days ago, but there are certain types of objects that don't
have an abstract anyway. Now everything will get the abstract, even
if it is not used. There has been some discussion on this, where I
stated that there should always be an abstract, but others didn't
agree. I am open for any ideas towards changing this.

> Also, if I type in "patterns" as a search, I get nothing back, yet I
> clearly can see there is a topic on that on the main screen.  What's
> the deal?

Maybe it's only in the name, or nickname ? Also, sometimes the Catalog
has to be updated. Please wait with this until you have saved and quit
your session, because the site sometimes hangs when you mess with
the Catalog in a Session.

Thanks a lot for your effort ! It is really appreciated.

Greetings,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on