[ZDP] Adding, Modifying Topics and Links in ZDP portals.

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 22:10:41 +0200

Hi Damian !

> I wanted to find a section appropriate to put
> multilingual site design information.

This is the subject internationalization, which would
be appropriate in the Developers portal.

> This could go in the 'developers' portal under
> 'Solutions' or some other heading vaguely corresponding
> to 'Zope Web Design Patterns Language' section.
>
> I have created a section called 'Solutions' but
> I can't add any topics under that. Is there any
> way to undo a change or re-parent a tree (like in the new ZWiki)?

Actually, you have added a Topic to the Subject
Development called "Solutions". It is not possible to
add another Subject under this Topic, because this would
make the hierarchy level too deep.

In the case where you are going one level deeper
from a Topic, this is a sign that the interest
group is more specialized. It may be considered
a portal of its own. We have a SIG portal
"Internationalization", which is not listed
officially, but it exists here:

http://zdp.zope.org/sigportals/i18n

I only have to link it from the main page
again.

> Also it would be nice if we could mention two URLs in Links:
>
> For instance the Translator Product has two useful URLs:
>
>  http://www.mixadlive.com/siti_web/mixadlive/software/translator
>  http://www.zope.org/Members/fog/Translator

Right now, you can only add links to Topics as anonymous.

To get full control, it would be best for you
to become a ZDP member.

Greetings,

Maik Röder

-