[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Dynamic Content with DTML

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:00:32 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/DTML.stx#2-39

---------------

    Now edit the contents of the *infoAction* document to make it
    process the form::

      <dtml-var standard_html_header>

      <h1>Thanks <dtml-var user_name></h1>

      email at <dtml-var email> describing our aardvark adoption
      program as soon as it receives final governmental approval.

      <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

      % Anonymous User - June 6, 2002 9:50 am:
       <dtml-var email> (the one that 'should' restate the email address imput from infoForm) is not displaying in
       infoAction. Why?

      % Anonymous User - June 6, 2002 9:56 am:
       I figured out why. (from a newbie no less!!!)

       the term "email" is causing the problem.

       Change in infoForm:
       email: <input type="text" name="email">
       email: <input type="text" name="addy">

       and change in infoAction:
       <dtml-var email>
       <dtml-var addy>

       and it now works properly.

      % Anonymous User - July 25, 2002 7:11 pm:
       Obviously the documentor is under sever time restriants unknown to us. Is it possible for someone who has
       more time but perhaps less experience to verify each example? I feel this is a useful suggestion as it would
       yield an increase in magnitude in time saved world-wide, since this one person's efforts could replace the
       efforts of that each individual user of this document would spend debugging the examples. The formerly
       mentioned case is especially inefficient because the majority of those proceeding through this document are
       not familiar with Zope.

      % Anonymous User - July 25, 2002 7:18 pm:
       This is actually the purpose of the comment system. If you notice a bug, enter a comment. When I edit the
       book, I review the comments, and fix what's broken. In the meantime, you can see the fixes in the comments
       rather than each person rediscovering the bug anew.
       The issue is more one of having time to edit the comments into the book prose. Please be aware that, yes, I
       am under severe time restraints. However, I am working steadily towards a revision of this book that
       incorporates all of the comments into the prose. It should be ready within a few weeks.
       - C

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 13, 2002 1:00 pm:
       Funny, but i am able to view the email address following the example above. <dtml-var email> works