[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Zope

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:27:56 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/UsingZope.stx#2-93

---------------

    Zope comes with a built-in tutorial. The tutorial guides you
    through all the basics of creating and managing Zope objects. To
    launch the tutorial, add a Zope Tutorial to the current folder by
    selecting *Zope Tutorial* from the Product add list. Give it an id
    which is unique in the current folder, such as *tutorial*. The
    tutorial comes with several examples that you can change and copy
    for your own use.

      % Anonymous User - May 19, 2002 1:45 pm:
       ps - Guess I've discovered a need to re-install the tutorial....

      % Anonymous User - May 19, 2002 1:49 pm:
       How do I start the tutorial exactly?? All I see is a bunch of tutorial examples in folders. What button are
       they referring to to start the tutorial?

      % Anonymous User - May 23, 2002 6:16 am:
       You can click on the 'help!' link when you're in the root folder. From there you
       can follow the Tutorial link, in the navigation window.

       A problem I have actually, is that it's complaining it can not find the Tutorial
       Examples. But I did install/import them, and I see the examples residing in
       the help folder and the tutorial is working as far as I can concern.

       Greetings Blurg

      % Anonymous User - May 24, 2002 8:29 am:
       I had that same problem with the tutorial examples. I noticed that if I reinstalled the tutorial with an id
       not containing white spaces, everything was ok.
       To start the tutorial, you can also open file index_html from the tutorial folder and click on the "view"
       tab.

      % Anonymous User - May 30, 2002 6:13 pm:
       What I donīt understand and you might clarify this point: Why do I have to "add" tutorial to some folder...
       Why not use the one in the cont... Wait, I think I get it:
       Folder: /Control Panel/Products

       Hosts the "templates/products" which appear afterwards (some magic included) in the "Product add list". Eg.
       The product/template "MailHost (Installed product MailHost (MailHost-1-2-0))" in /Control Panel/Products
       corresponds to the "Product add list"-entry: Mail Host.
       Same applies to the template/product: ZopeTutorial (Installed product ZopeTutorial (Zope Tutorial 1.0)) - It
       can be put into action when inserted via the "product add list". Okay, finally I understand the mechanism...
       I think...

      % Anonymous User - May 31, 2002 6:04 am:
       Why not explaining the products/templates in the section
       - Administering and Monitoring Zope + Fig. 2.6
       And show the connection between the "Product Folder" and the "Product Add List".

      % Anonymous User - June 20, 2002 10:26 am:
       Tutorials are working fine for me... except for #11. The database connection is closed... When I click to
       connect, I get:
       "Invalid connection string: Demo"

       How do I fix this?

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 8, 2002 5:49 am:
       I cannot get the tutorial to work, tried all the above but I keep getting a
       message telling me to install the examples.
       I tried to run the tutorial fron the help folder but I get an error message when creating the first Elvis
       Lives page
       Error Type: KeyError
       Error Value: header.gif

      % RhoXS - Aug. 18, 2002 9:27 am:
       I'm a total Zope Newbie...

       I'm trying to run the tutorials as instructed, but am getting this message:

       Site Error

       Error Type: Bad Request
       Error Value: File does not exist: ZopeTutorialExamples.zexp

       I installed using a package for Mac OS X. Where can I get these files and how do I install them?