[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:23:15 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#2-6

---------------

    Folders are the building blocks of Zope. The purpose of a folder is to
    *contain* other objects, and to *organize* objects by separating them
    into different groups.

      % Anonymous User - July 2, 2002 1:58 pm:
       Each time we create an object such as a folder, Zope saves everything in its database in the file Data.fs.

       Am I correct? Thanks.

      % Anonymous User - July 2, 2002 2:01 pm:
       Yes.

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 18, 2002 12:23 pm:
       So are you saying that to "copy" my Zope setup to another box I could simply copy the Data.fs file? Could you
       explain the function of Data.fs.in, Data.fs.lock and Data.fs.tmp?
       Data.fs contains a lot of binary content. Is there a way to "recover" it if Zope becomes unusable?