[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Object Publishing

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:08:48 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/ObjectPublishing.stx#3-85

---------------

      XML-RPC supports marshalling of basic Python types for both
      publishing requests and responses. The upshot of this
      arrangement is that when you are designing methods for use via
      XML-RPC you should limit your arguments and return values to
      simple values such as Python strings, lists, numbers and
      dictionaries. You should not accept or return Zope objects from
      methods that will be called via XML-RPC.

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 18, 2002 9:08 pm:
         Hm, I keep getting the same kind of error when trying these example calls to 'getId()' etc.:

         <Fault -1: 'Unexpected Zope exception: cannot marshal <extension class Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper at
         401a8840> objects'>
         So this is the kind of Zope object that won't be returned? I'd love to see some *working* examples of XML-RPC
         in Zope (please).