[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:39:40 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#3-14

---------------

      Now suppose that you've gone home and want to import the file into
      your home Zope server.  First, you must copy the export file into
      Zope's *import* directory on your server.  Now, go to the
      *Import/Export* view of the folder where you want perform the
      import. Enter the name of the export file in the *Import file
      name* form element and click *Import* to import those objects into
      Zope.

        % Anonymous User - Apr. 17, 2002 4:05 am:
         When I do this, I get refused, and a comment about lacking a BTreeFolder?

        % Anonymous User - May 16, 2002 12:08 am:
         Considering of adding a browse/upload function?

        % Anonymous User - May 23, 2002 5:11 pm:
         When I do this, I get the following errors:

         Error Type: Bad Request
         Error Value: File does not exist: basic-0.9.5.zexp

         I created a root-level folder called "import". I then added a File type object from my local filesystem into
         the import folder, and set the id to the same name as the filename.
         As far as I can tell I have followed all the rules completely - any thoughts?

        % Anonymous User - June 12, 2002 2:57 am:
         I get the same error.  Help Please!

        % Anonymous User - June 12, 2002 2:34 pm:
         You need to create the import folder in the local file system (the directory where you installed Zope) and
         copy the file you want import there.

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 20, 2002 12:39 pm:
         Can't I import files remotely? What do I do if I can not access the machine Zope is running on? c&p in the
         text area?