[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:40:57 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#2-66

---------------

    As you can see, creating your own Products and ZClasses is an
    involved process, but simple to understand once you grasp the
    basics.  With ZClasses alone, you can create some pretty complex
    web applications right in your web browser.

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 27, 2002 12:40 pm:
       What happens if I create a ZClass that inherits from a persistent base class and I live the 'Include standard
       Zope persistent object base classes?' box checked in the 'Add ZClass' management view? There's the risk to
       create buggy objects?
       BTW, what are the standard Zope persistent object base classes?
       And what happens if a ZClass inherits, say, from class A and B but B inherits from A as well? Is it safe to
       make such ZClasses?